November 10, 2013

French Music You Need to Hear

A few weeks ago, I was talking with a friend about music preferences. We discovered we liked many similar bands and styles, which made for a fun talk comparing songs.

Then I brought up C2C, and she looked at me, as confused as confused could be.

It turns out, so many bands that are popular in France are not so much so in the US. A lot of bands actually sing in English to get a wider audience, yet you probably never heard of them. So I'm going to introduce you to some of them today.

1. MIKA

I was young when his first song came out, in 2006, and it hit France by storm. It played everywhere. You couldn't avoid it. Instant classic.


Listen to that range. That guy can hit the highest notes.
More by MIKA:
- Grace Kelly
- Lollipop
- We Are Golden

2. C2C

I am so surprised that no one I talk to in the states knows about C2C. We hear their music everywhere back home, it's hard to miss!


Also recommend:
- F.U.Y.A.
- Happy

3. Phoenix

Phoenix has slowly reached the states. I think their song "Entertainment" was actually at the end of "Now you see me," which really surprised me. I love their music, it's an easy listen. I love the hint of a french accent as they sing.


A few more for your lsitening pleasure:
- Entertainment
- If I ever feel better

4. Alt-J

This is some of the strangest music I have ever heard - and I love that.


Also great:
- Taro
- Breezeblocks
- Tesselate

5. Woodkid

I have fallen for this voice. I don't know how. But more people need to know about him. like, Now.



And make sure you listen to:
- Conquest of Spaces
- The Great Escape

And that's all for today, folks! I'll post more soon. 

Love,
Sarah 


No comments:

Post a Comment