November 24, 2013

Writer's Block

It is now the last week of NanoWrimo, and I find myself stuck in a rut
I'm actually only writing this post because I'm procrastinating. I know I need to get this first draft done, but I can't get myself to write another word. It's not that I don't have a plot, it's that I have no desire to continue.
Have I run down my creative well? I know what needs to happen next, so why can't I write it? And why the heck are my characters so terrible this time round?
These are the problems that plague my mind. I'm stuck. I can't move forward. I need to find something to do to take my mind off of it. Or bring my mind back to it. But what?

When I tell myself I'm doing serious writing, it's never as fun. With Jump, a series I've been working on for the past 3 years now, that has just reached a collective 1 million words, it was always effortless. maybe because I'm sure no one will ever read it - it's just for me. But writing this new book is tough - I have to create new characters and work with them, and it's hard going.

This is writer's block, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment