January 12, 2014

DIY Projects

Hello everyone!

I've recently taken a week to myself to do... well, anything I set my heart on. I've bookmarked so many projects over the past few months and really wanted to make a few, so... I did. And it was awesome.


The Cosmic skirt (read the tutorial for the fabric here and the skirt here) I made this week was jus the beginning of my projects. It was a whole lot of fun, and the bleaching was fun and fantastic. I'm wearing it with a shirt from Gap and some lovely TARDIS stockings I got for christmas. 

 I got inspired to make this one after seeing the lovely Anthropologie cardigan that was waaaaaaay out of my price range. After a bit of scouring the internet, I found a tutorial and decided to go for it.


Now, the tutorial at Honey and Fitz recommends a running stitch, but I found that it bunches up too much. A back stitch is very effective and easy to work with. 


Plus, it just looks cool. I found a lovely earth necklace at a thrift shop and they go lovely together.


Now this HAS to be my favorite tutorial of them all. I have been raving about it all week. It took me only 15 minutes to do, start to finish, and has NO SEAM! It's so easy and looks fabulous!
So big shout out to Dana over at MADE because it is fantastic. I want to make more! 


This galaxy jean project turned out... well, different than expected. The jeans simply did NOT want to dye. Then the fabric pain did not want to stick. And yes, there are stars all over this baby, but they don't want to show. However, I think it gives a nice muter look, so it's not crazy overwhelming if I wear it out. I followed the tutorial here


And finally, my ten foot long fourth doctor's scarf. It's so warm and cozy! I made a pattern here, check it out and give it a try! Perfect for beginners and pros.

And there you have it! I hope you try out some of these projects, because they are awesome to make. I had so much fun, and now I have a very cool wardrobe!

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment