October 19, 2013

A Visit to the National Zoo

My first DC field trip... the zoo!
I was not disappointed. Located right in the middle of city buildings, condos, hotels, there is a little haven of nature and hundreds of animals, and you fee transported to a whole new world.

Along with my host mom Kristi and host little brother Matt, I got to see the place in a whole new way. The way a kid sees it. The world of "Did you know?"s and "I'm not kidding!"s and "Look at that!"s. And it was fantastic.







I could write pages and pages about the awesome stuff I got to see, but I'm sure it's a "you had to be there" kind of thing. 
The Pandas were nowhere to be seen - due to the new baby! How sweet! I'll return in jan/feb to see the new arrival. I can't wait!

Anyway, Here is some music:

A bientot!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment