September 17, 2013

Let's Make Bacon Maple Ice Cream!

This summer, I have been on a crazy ice cream craze, creating a new one every three days or so. But now that summer is coming to an end, I've decided to try one I've been ding to do, but never had the guts to: Candied bacon bits in a creamy maple syrup ice cream. Inspired by a friend's dare (you'll be happy to know I said no to making a Fish fingers and custard flavor), I've been thinking this one over for weeks. And now... here it is.

Blend together: 200 ml (3/4 C) Cream 300 ml (1 & 1/4 C) Milk 100g (1/2 C) Marscapone (optional - but I love it) 125 ml (1/2 C) Maple syrup 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 eggs
Then place inside the ice cream maker, until thick and creamy gelato texture - you want it to retain its shape when you move it around.
While the ice cream churns away, start frying 150g Lardons/Bacon bits. NO OIL WHATSOEVER! Add a splash vanilla and a tablespoon of brown sugar and stir until the bacon is covered in a thick caramel. I aded a pinch salt (to taste).
Finally, remove the ice cream and gently combine with the bacon caramel. Place in freezer for an hour or more - finally, enjoy!
As you can see, it's incredibly easy. However, it is so incredibly good tasting, it's like having a full breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment